Thursday, January 27, 2011

Posting a few sermons

I've decided to post a few sermons on the blog. I've been posting all of them in the notes on my facebook profile. I've enjoyed the creative process of writing and preaching these sermons. We're about to step into the Sermon on the Mount texts.

I haven't yet found myself wanting to be very creative with the Sermon on the Mount. What I really want to do is just read the text and talk about it and read it again and talk about it. I feel like the scripture speaks for itself and that I don't really need to or want to add much to it. I might feel differently after a couple of weeks of not-so-creative sermonizing. But for now, I'm happy just to listen to the words on the page come alive through the Holy Spirit.

If you're itching for a more "creative" sermon, there are some posted here on the blog and others on my facebook profile.

I hope you'll enjoy.

No comments: