Sunday, October 16, 2011

Whatever happened to them?

Whatever happened to the ones I used to be so concerned about?  The ones who I tried so hard to please?  Whatever happened to that boy I paid such close attention to?  What every happened to those girls who made me feel less than...well, just less than?  What ever happened to those good ole buddies?  Where'd the girls go who pointed fingers at my life decisions?   Where are the ones that I cried over leaving?  Thirty years have passed and some of those folks just don't exist anymore.  Why is that?  Where are they?

Now there are new ones.  Ones that have taken place of the others.  Sometimes functioning in the same ways as before, some new and fresh- more life giving.  At least, I hope so.    Time passing does crazy things to relationships and life. 

No comments: