Monday, October 26, 2009

Sorry for the rant

Today was no where near good. It started off just fine. We got up, went walking, ate breakfast, had prayers and then John Tyson and I went to the Library to pick up some books and cds. I got home and opened the door to a loud television and a teenager laying on the couch. First of all, we don't watch TV hardly ever and especially not in the middle of the day. The shear noise of the TV threw me off. Secondly, why in the world is this teenager in the living room instead of school?

Good question. I asked it and got no answer. No answer to many of the questions I asked.

I cut the TV off.

Then, I became a monster. I started saying mean things and breathing fire. I was so frustrated with the ungrateful lazy mess making disobedient teenager.

A neighbor came by and then another one. At the arrival of the second neighbor, the teenager got up and started whispering about somebody who is very very rich that he's going to live with and how life will all be better. (at least that's what I heard, anyways)

What!? I've been housing you and trying my best to care for you for 7 weeks now. I've been buying your favorite and expensive junk foods. I've been washing your clothes and cleaning up your messes. I tried giving you incentives like allowance and later curfew. We sat down and talked. I took you on family trip. And you have been giving me the silent treatment, coming in late, making messes everywhere, not coming home at all, going places with out telling us where you're going, talking back, eating everything in sight and now all of a sudden you're going to go live with some rich people where life will be better? Give me a break!

That was the last straw. I kicked the kid out. (for a little while) I told him to get out of the house: go find a job, go hang out, go walk around....do whatever you want to but get out of here! (MONSTER!)

He wouldn't budge, so I made him get out with the force of my body weight. Shoeless, he stood on the back porch. I went and got shoes and a jacket and handed it to him.

Here's the kicker....He then said to me "You're not smarter than me" and then proceeded to unlock the door with the house key that he STOLE FROM US!

Then he left. 5 minutes he came back with a friend and started doing laundry. Never you mind that my laundry was in the waiting line to be washed. He jumped in line and did his own even though I showed him mine was waiting. He talked to his friend, took a shower, and left.

While he was taking a shower, Joanie called Jamar and asked him to go into the bathroom and search the clothes for the Stolen key. No key to be found. He must have hidden it somewhere.

Without any end in sight, no resources for therapy or counseling, and little to no energy left, Greg and I are wondering if we can handle this for much longer. We are already housing one other teenager who is doing better, going to school, staying loyal to his job. Can we really do both?

The answer for me right now is NO! AAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!

Let the guilt wave commence.

No comments: