Monday, April 16, 2012

The evils of facebook and horoscopes

People can be mean.  People using facebook can increase their meanness, intentionally or unintentionally.

For example:  I can go throughout my life making a good attempt at forgetting bad memories and hurt feelings.  But, facebook "friends" post pictures of themselves having a great time at a great event with other "friends" of mine and the feelings come right back up again.  Not cool.  I don't want to unfriend, but I don't want to be reminded of what I'm not invited to, what I'm excluded from.  I need a button that says, don't show me fun things that I was exclude from. 

I happened to read my horoscope this week:
Aquarius: Aspects are not the best for the Waterbearers at this time. You may feel isolated or as though no one around you can possibly understand who you are. In some way, life circumstances may be preventing you from communicating. Turn off the inner critic and make peace with yourself.


I don't really believe in horoscopes, or at least I don't really want to believe in them.  But, this week, the horoscope is right on target.  Ugh!  Greg was out of town all weekend.  My Mom came up for the day on Saturday and that was great.  But, I was mostly alone with the boys the rest of the time (I realize "alone" and "with boys" don't match up.)  I didn't have a whole lot of interaction with adults, that's for sure. ("Isolated?"  Yes!)   And I have so many thoughts lately: vocational discernment, visioning, dreaming, practical task list making, self improvement challenges...that even if I started getting all these things out there, I wouldn't even make a dent before sundown.  And since the abundance of ideas and things to say are overflowing, it is hard to figure out where or how to get started.  So "circumstances may be preventing me from communicating" in more ways that one.
 
Make peace with myself.  Oh yeah, I'll get to that just after I do the laundry and feed the ducks.  You've gotta be kidding me!
 
Now, I read the horoscope before Greg left for the weekend.  Did I make the horoscope prediction come true or did it come true because of the stars?  Or is it really true at all?
 
"Go and sin no more."  eek!
 
I'd like to say I'll quit facebook and horoscopes, but I'm guessing that won't last real long.  I've gotta see what's happening with my "friends" and I'll likely just happen to skim over the horoscope on the way to the crossword puzzle.
 
For give me for I know not what I do. ;)

No comments: